““It takes a lot for you to find your confidence, but you shouldn’t let someone else be the person to find it for you.”Justine Skye
Over the past couple of years, my self-confidence has grown DRASTICALLY! I’ll be honest and say that it wasn’t easy, but confidence was something I had to have to be the successful woman I wanted to be.
Before I grew my confidence, I was extremely shy. I avoided situations that would involve me having to speak up or be seen (which was hard). I wore clothing that was too big. All throughout middle and high school (even into my early 20’s), I gave up on attempting to make myself look good. I didn’t care about how I looked because no matter how “dressed up” I would get, I would still be considered “ugly”.
It wasn’t until around 2017 that I began to see the importance of being seen and having confidence in my abilities and dreams. How was I going to become a wonderful writer, business owner, and world traveler if I was too scared to speak up or be seen? How was I going to find a great guy if I refused to make myself look nice? I had to get it together!
Are you having trouble building your confidence? Is your lack of confidence getting in the way of accomplishing dreams and goals? Well, hi! You’ve come to the right place. As someone who suffered from a lack of confidence for years, I know exactly how you’re feeling. These helpful tips that I am going to share with you will take you out of your comfort zone and require you to look at yourself as the successful, beautiful person that you are.
4 Confidence-Building Tips:
1. Do Something Every Single Day That Will Get You Out Of Your Comfort Zone
I can tell that you’re shaking at the thought of stepping out of your comfort zone. It’s so comfortable there! The idea of leaving your comfortable comfort zone probably sent your heart into a beating frenzy. Do you want to become comfortable speaking in front of many people? Do you desire to go out on dates? Do you want that job promotion? To do that, you’ll need to get out of your comfort zone!
If the thought of stepping out of your comfort zone causes anxiety, check this blog post out!
2. Work On Your Outer Appearance
It’s not as difficult as it may seem, and you DO NOT need to spend a ton of money doing this. Here are a few things you can work on to make your outer appearance look presentable, fresh, and scream confidence:
- Wardrobe: Wear clothing that suits your body type. Please get rid of your loose, baggy clothing (unless you can make it look fashionable). Don’t be afraid to try new things. For instance, I’ve always been into crop tops, but never thought I could pull them off (I have a bit of fluff). I worked up the courage to buy a couple of them. Now, I wear them quite often. Step out of your clothing comfort zone and try something new!
- Make-up: Applying make-up can give your face and confidence a boost. Figure out what style of make-up works best for you. Are you into the natural look? Do you like more of a full-on glam look? Or, just a simple mascara and gloss girl (this is me)? Choose the style that works for you. There are a plethora of videos on Youtube that will guide you on how to apply make-up correctly. Oh, I know this isn’t make-up related, but if you have some unwanted facial hair, get rid of it. Go to a professional to have it removed, or purchase some wax and do it yourself at home.
- Manicure/Pedicure: Ladies, make sure to keep your hands and feet clean, soft, and presentable. Choose a polish color that goes great with your skin complexion. If you’re not into nail polish, go with a clear coat to give your nails a beautiful glossy look. If you don’t want to spend the coins going to get them done professionally, do it yourself at home. I find that giving myself a manicure/pedicure at home is quite relaxing.
- Hair: Is it time for a trim? Want to try a new hair color? Are you tired of your old style? GO AHEAD AND MAKE THE CHANGE! You want to make sure your hairstyle suits your face shape. If you’re going to color your hair, don’t be afraid of trying some fun colors. I’ve had my hair pink, purple, green, and blue (on different occasions). Right now, my hair is blondish, brown, and black. As you can probably tell, I’m not afraid of color. You shouldn’t be either! Have fun with it, but keep it presentable.
- Shoes: No matter what style of shoe you’re into, make sure the shoes that you wear are clean and cute. I would recommend that you own at least two pairs of heels/wedges, a pair of sneakers, and a couple of flat sandals. If you are a shoe person and own more shoes than you can imagine, that’s perfectly fine. It’s all up to you.
3. Limit Your Social Media Usage
As much as we all love social media, it can put a damper on your self-confidence. You see all of those beautiful models and people traveling the world while you’re sitting at home thinking, “Why isn’t my life like that?” Spending hours upon hours on social media a day can have you looking at yourself and your life as if it’s lacking. Take a break from social media! Limit yourself to only using it for an hour and thirty minutes a day. I know that may be hard for a lot of you, but the goal is to build confidence. Go outside and enjoy all that life has to offer. You may even realize that your life is a lot more interesting than you thought it was.
4. Daily Encouraging Mantras
What exactly is a mantra? A mantra is a statement or slogan repeated frequently. I find mantras helpful, especially on those days when I’m not feeling my best emotionally. I am going to share with you some mantras that I say every day to boost my confidence and reassurance.
- “I am a wonderful, creative, and confident woman.”
- “I will accomplish all of the things I have set for myself to do.”
- “I attract encouraging and positive people into my life.”
- “I am successful.”
I would like for you to come up with some daily mantras that you can repeat to yourself. Let your statements be bold!
Building your confidence is going to take plenty of work and determination. There may be some setbacks along the way, but don’t let that discourage you. You are more than capable of becoming the most confident person you ever thought you could be. All it takes is faith, hard work, and putting yourself out there. You can do this!!
What are some of your confidence tips that you use on a daily basis? Comment down below!
Have a great day!