Hello everyone! It’s October, and I hope you’ve been able to experience some of this beautiful Fall weather.
You’re sitting in your favorite chair, window curtains open, exposing the beautiful fall colors on the trees. Your mind begins to wander a bit. Instead of sitting there staring out of the window, you grab your favorite journal, a pen, and you begin to jot down everything that comes to your mind. No longer are those thoughts running rampant inside of your mind. They are peacefully tucked away in the safest place ever—your journal.
Journaling is an excellent way to write down everything that’s going on inside of your mind without the fear of anyone judging you. I equate a journal, diary, or whatever you want to call it, to a best friend. You can tell your journal anything and it won’t run around telling all of your secrets.
It’s a tool to help bring out your true self, true feelings, and creative side you probably thought you never had.
Jotting down everything going on around you and inside of you is essential for growth and personal development. Keeping a record of thoughts can help you to spot patterns in your behavior.
Self-improvement is another GREAT reason to be journaling. Noting different areas in your life that you would like to improve and mapping out ways to improve those areas will help you hold yourself accountable to those improvements you want to make.
I’m coming to you today with twenty journaling prompts that, if used and worked on consistently, can aid in self-improvement. Use these prompts while you’re journaling to dig deep into what you need to do to improve yourself.
Self-improvement isn’t an overnight accomplishment. It takes time and effort to rid yourself of old habits and learn new and improved ways of living.
20 self-improvement journaling prompts
- What are 5 things you are thankful for today?
- Who do you need to forgive?
- What are some habits that you would like to pick up?
- Write an encouraging letter to yourself.
- What’s holding you back from achieving the goals you’ve set for yourself?
- What are your goals for the next few months?
- What are your fitness goals?
- Are you happy with your life? If not, what can you do to make your life happy.
- Describe yourself with 10 words.
- What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
- What’s something, or someone, you need to let go of?
- What are your top 3 fears? What can you do to overcome those fears?
- What area of your life have you grown in within the last 3 months?
- How do you practice self-care?
- What’s your biggest achievement (so far)?
- Describe your dream job/career.
- What are you doing today to put you closer to achieving the goals you’ve set for yourself?
- What’s something you want to learn more about? (Start learning about whatever that thing is TODAY)
- What are some ways you can improve yourself today?
- Write a letter to your future self.
What areas of your life are you improving? Comment down below! I would love to hear from you. Have a great day!
Before you go…
I genuinely do appreciate all of you for taking the time to read my blog. As a reminder, there are new blog posts every single Friday. If you’re not already subscribed, please make sure to do so.
I look forward to connecting with you all!