Hi, and welcome!
If you’re new to Armored with Faith, I’m thankful that you’re here! Here on Armored with Faith, we strive to provide content that motivates and aids in your spiritual and self-development. Before you go, please like, comment, and subscribe!
If I can be honest, some days, it takes a lot out of me to work up enough motivation to get through the day. The lack of sleep and often crippling anxiety depletes me of the motivation to push through. On those days when I need a boost, I read a chapter, or two, of The Book of Proverbs.
If you’re aware of The Book of Proverbs, you know that King Solomon, a very wise man, gives us 31 chapters full of wisdom. It doesn’t matter how many times I read through this book; I always find several pieces of knowledge that helps me in whatever situation I’m in.
When I’m feeling unmotivated, I read Proverbs.
When I’m feeling lazy, I read Proverbs.
When I need encouragement, I read Proverbs.
There will be part 2 of the “Proverbs that Keep Me Going” series because this book is FULL of wise words that both you and I need. So, join me!
Here are 10 Proverbs that help me get and stay motivated, and I hope these will help you as well.
Read & Memorize These Proverbs!
- Proverbs 1:32-33 (KJV), “For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, And shall be quiet from fear of evil.“
- Proverbs 6:10-11 (KJV), “Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.”
- Proverbs 10:17 (NIV), “Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray.“
- Proverbs 11:17 (NIV), “Those who are kind benefit themselves, but the cruel bring ruin on themselves.“
- Proverbs 11:27 (NIV), “Whoever seeks good finds favor, but evil comes to one who searches for it.”
- Proverbs 12:16 (NIV), “Fools show their annoyance at once, but the prudent overlook an insult.“
- Proverbs 12:24 (NIV), “Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.“
- Proverbs 13:3 (NIV), “Those who guard their lips preserve their lives, but those who speak rashly will come to ruin.”
- Proverbs 14:23 (NIV), “All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.”
- Proverbs 15:23 (NIV), “A person finds joy in giving an apt reply— and how good is a timely word!”
Nieshia | Deuteronomy 31:6